September 26, 2008

A sequel to Go Fish?

Guinevere Turner says she and Rose Troche are working on a sequel to Go Fish.

I have an inordinate amount of love for that movie (hence its tagline has become the title of my blog), despite the fact that, as Turner herself describes it, it's just a bunch of women talking, and despite its unconventional elements. Or maybe because of those two things. At any rate, I adore it, but I wonder how exactly a sequel would work. Go Fish was not big on plot. There isn't exactly more to the story, you know? I guess it'll be like revisiting the characters 15 or so years later, and seeing what they're up to now? Or something?

Anyway, it doesn't sound like it's coming down the pipeline any time soon, since Turner said in the same interview that she's aiming to write and direct a lesbian rom-com (that is not GF2) in 2009. I look forward to both.

Speaking of Turner, I wonder if Gabby Deveaux will appear in the L Word spinoff? She told Andrea Meyerson that she's shooting at least one episode of the sixth season, and since Alice is featured in the spinoff, might not Gabby be tagging along?

No comments: