September 14, 2008

Laughing Matters: Next Gen

The latest installment in Andrea Meyerson's comedy-documentary series Laughing Matters is out on AfterEllen. I thought it was pretty good, but I felt like Bridget McManus got short-changed on screen time. Is that because some of her material is too X-rated? Or am I just being petty because I was really only watching it for her and Gloria Bigelow?

Logo did post extra footage (including one of Bridget's dirtier jokes) online, along with clips from the previous films in the series. My favourite will always be the original, with Suzanne Westenhoefer.

In other comedy news, I really enjoyed the opening sketch of yesterday's Saturday Night Live, with Tina Fey as Sarah Palin and (of course) Amy Poehler as Hillary Clinton. I actually love Tina and Amy together so much that I'm thinking of renting Baby Mama, even though I saw it in the theatre and it was really not great. I only watched SNL this week because I heard Tina was guesting -- I generally avoid it for two reasons: one, I don't usually laugh at anything but Weekend Update, and two, I'm too disturbed by the fact that Andy Samberg and I have basically the same hair.

No comments: